Dualog Connection Suite Overview
Dualog® Connection Suite™ is a maritime data communication software / services solution for ships and shipping companies. The concept consists of two main components, a client software installed on board the ship and a server software at the Dualog Headquarter in Norway. The server software is operated 24/7 by a professional staff of maritime communications experts. A third component, Dualog.net, gives the shore based shipping company staff access to Dualog Connection Suite Server via a web browser. All configurations of the ship's software may be carried out at the Company Office.
Dualog Connection Suite Ship systems are entirely configurable from shore. There are numerous advantages:
- Tight integration between ship and shore systems
- Reduced remote support / travel
- Configuration options can, if required, be made inaccessible to on board users
The Connection Suite software has a bidirectional replication subsystem that handles remote configuration, position reporting and traffic logs. For maximum cost efficiency, replication updates are transferred only within data communication sessions.
If a configuration change is made (ship or shore) transactional data is replicated during the next communication session. Shore Administrators, using www.dualog.net, have full control over the Dualog Connection Suite configuration on each ship.
- Business E-Mail
- File transfer - e.g Syncronisation of PMS files
- AntiVirus - distribution to all ship computers
- Software Firewall / Router for IP Access and Control
- Spam Blocking
- Web Compression
- Crew E-mail
- Web based Ship Overview
- Network Services - SMS, FAX, Web Services
- User and User Groups with different access rights
- E-mail and File Transfer via any Maritime Communication System with cost control
- Shore (company) based configuration of the Ship Software
- Public Hub - no need for special infrastructure at the company
- Web based monitoring of connections and message flow to and from the ships
- Automatic failover between comm.systems gives 100 % availability on email and file syncronisation
- Airtime Independent Solution
- FleeBroadband and Open Port Cost Control - blocking, restricting, limited access
- VSAT bandwidth "optimiser"
- User and User Groups allows individual access/restriction for all kind of services
- Crew Welfare Solutions with global access and cost control
- Network Services - SMTP, HTTPS, FAX, SMS
- Remote Login Service for troubleshooting, training and software updates
- 24/7 Support Service Included
- Cost Control for Business as well as Crew Usage
- Subscription model - monthly fee